Saw a dude at Supercuts getting a mohawk. Now, if you want a mohawk, that’s fine, and Supercuts is OK (though they feel overpriced to me these days). But a mohawk at Supercuts?! I can’t make those things fit together in my brain.
I headed downtown to check out the soapbox derby. It was CRAZY crowded. I heard one estimate of 100,000 people, and I’d bet good money that about 90 percent of them were all within about 1 square foot of where I was. There were plenty of crazy cars and costumes to make pictures of.
- Buy New Microwave – Open Box, Floor Model Woo Hoo, Deal!
- Try to Cram Microwave in Car
- Carry Microwave Upstairs
- Discover Microwave Didn’t Include Mounting Plate – Boo, Not Such a Deal!
- Back to Store – We’ll FedEx You a New One
- Start Marking Wall
- Drive to Home Depot for Stud Finder
- Find 7 Different Places for Stud Edge
- What?! I need an Outlet in My Cabinet?!
- Hire Electrician
- Wait for Mounting Plate
- Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait
- Call Store
- Call Store Again
- Drive to Store – Can’t Get Part, so We’ll Give You New Microwave, Same Price
- Wait for Delivery Drivers Between 2 and 6
- Delivery Drivers Come at 7:30
- Go to Home Depot for 2 New Drill Bits and Longer Bolts
- Drill Baby Drill
- Oh My God, There’s a Stud There Too?! I used the wrong bit, VERY WRONG
- Drive to Home Depot for Longer Screw, Hope that fixes it
- Mount Wall Bracket
- My Drilling Mistake Pulled Me Off Center by 1/16″. At least it’s sort of level
- Hang Top Cabinet Template
- I Need a Different Drill Bit For the Top Cabinet?! FFS!!!! Why Don’t They Use the same sized screws and bolts? I think they’re just F’ing with me now
- And, it looks like the longer bolts I got were TOO Long
- I don’t want to go back to home depot for a 3rd time today. Screw it. I’ll go tomorrow
- To Be Continued…..
Aug 24th, 2009 by Will
Go to Conditional Formatting, set the drop down to Formula is: =MOD(ROW(),2)=0 That will apply your selected format to odd rows.
Nice. From Five Favorite Excel Tips
Aug 18th, 2009 by Will
It was a fun show, but a very weird encore. It seems like the encore may have been longer than the show itself with a few song choices that seemed to kill the show’s momentum. It was good though. I should have ponied up for the better seats. The Greek is a small venue, but even still, I could barely see the stage, and the TV monitors didn’t do much to help. An extra $50 would have gone a long way, and in the scheme of things, what’s $50?
Over the weekend, I went to the Museum of Latin American Art in Long Beach, CA. It’s free on Sundays since Target is sponsoring them, which certainly bumped up their goodwill with me. I’d never been to that museum before, but I really liked it. It’s not too big, and the art is all really interesting.
I took a drive through Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks making pictures of soaring vistas, tall trees, playful wildlife and deep, dark caves.
I heard about something called Taguchi split testing. Now, you’d think I’d know what this is, being that I’m a marketing professional and all. Unfortunately, it turns out I still don’t know everything. So, off to Google where I found Taguchi Explained… For Dummies. Now, at least I understand what it is. I still have absolutely NO clue how it works. In fact, I wonder if it really even does work. I need to find a good statistics class.
AppleOne is an employment services company. They can help you find a job, or set you up with some temporary assignments, or if you’re an employer AppleOne can help you find your next employee. As with any organization, there are a few tips that can help you get the most out of your experience, so here are the top 5 ways to get the most out of your experience with AppleOne.
Continue Reading »
Spent Saturday night in the desert photography stars. It was too dark to see the insects (or whatever) that were biting me, but I’m fairly sure they must have been mildly venomous. I just wish I’d gotten visions and super powers out of the deal instead of itching and pain.